Junior teen camp
Teen camps in Malta for children aged 11 to 17 with BELS
Our teen camps (teen summer camps, teen Autumn camps, teen Easter camps) are based in St. Paul’s Bay, a picturesque town situated in the north-eastern part of Malta and is within walking distance of Bugibba. Bugibba is another popular sea-side town that boasts an attractive mixture of historical buildings, quaint shops, fashionable boutiques, restaurants, clubs and cafés. It is the ideal hang-out spot to meet with friends and enjoy an ice-cream and of course, practise your English informally.
Forming part of the north of Malta and the nearby location, Mellieħa, is another popular tourist destination and home to the longest and most beautiful sandy beach on the island, offering perfect conditions for swimming, playing beach volley or simply relaxing in the warm sunshine. You can also practise lots of water sports such as snorkelling, sailing or windsurfing there!
What do we offer?
- Exciting programmes that are targeted at fun-loving, adventure seeking 11 – 17 year olds
- A spacious school, with 15 bright & airy classrooms
- Interactive boards in all classrooms
- English language courses specifically designed for young learners
- Experienced & qualified teachers & group leaders
- A leisure programme that has a tailor-made mix of activities & excursions for young students
- Two accommodation options: 3* hotel or home stay
- 24-hour student support service & supervision
- A BELS Family Programme for parents who wish to join their children in Malta.
Airport Transfers to BELS for Teen Camps in Malta
With booked airport pickup (included in package), you will be picked up at the airport by one of our representatives (BELS). After leaving the aircraft, please pickup your luggage and walk through the exit, where you will see our representative holding up a BELS logo. We will then take you to your booked accommodation.
The BELS Welcome
Your first weekend will be spent familiarising yourself with your new surroundings. All new arrivals at our teen camps will attend a welcome meeting hosted by BELS representatives. During this meeting you will receive a welcome pack including the school and house rules, complete with emergency phone numbers, as well as a copy of the weekly programme. The welcome meeting is then followed by a tour of your accommodation and the allocation of your room. Students staying in host families will be greeted by members of the family, from whom they receive the above mentioned welcome pack.
First Day of School at Teen Camps in Malta
Students will travel to the school via BELS transport accompanied by a BELS leader. Students must be at the meeting point on time. You will be welcomed by the school team and shown around the building. Following an introductory meeting, students who have completed their test online will immediately begin their lessons. If students have not completed the test online, they will sit for the test and join the rest of the learners in the second session. Lessons will be given in 2 – 90 minute blocks, with a 15 minute break in between.
Supervision during Teen Camps in Malta
Students will be supervised at all times by our dedicated team, who will also provide support at all times throughout the programme. BELS team leaders will also accompany your students on all activities, telling them about the places they are visiting.
Teen Camps in Malta Leisure Programme
A number of safe and fun-filled activities are included in our teen camps in Malta activities programme. Students will have a mix of activities and excursions that are tailor-made for young learners. All activities are supervised by our trained activity leaders, who are dedicated to making sure students have the best possible time with us. Most popular activities:
- Cultural and historical visits to Valletta, Mdina and the 3 cities
- Shopping trips to Sliema & St. Julian’s
- Beach activities at Golden Bay and Mellieħa Bay
- Boat trips to Comino, Blue Lagoon
- Sports nights
- International student parties
The BELS Water Sports Activity Programmes (Teen Summer Camps in Malta)
Our water sports programme will add to the fun of the language trip. This is only available as part of our teen summer camps. If you enjoy and wish to practise water sports, BELS offers special activity packages which consist of 3 lessons per week of 120 minutes each. Students can choose between sailing and windsurfing (equipment and teaching materials are included in the price). Water-sports lessons take place in Mellieħa. If they cannot decide between one sport and another they can also take part in our two weeks Water Sports Camp. This consists of 2 sailing lessons, 2 windsurfing lessons and 2 kayaking lesson.
- The above packages are only available during the BELS Teen Summer Camps
- The packages are aimed at young windsurfers, sailors and kayakers with little or no experience
- Participants who wish to book any of the above packages must take out a travel and water sports activities insurance policy
- Participants must be able to swim