Master Writing Effective Business Emails using Proper Etiquette
25 hours for MFHEA recognition
1-3 people: €850 | Additional students: €250 per person
Admin & Course material
€55 per person
MQF Level 5
1 ECTS/ECTVET point per course
MFHEA license number
Applicable for refund schemes
Get qualified, investing in skills
At BELS Malta or Gozo, at your office, online
All business professionals interested in improving their email skills when writing to clients, professors and coworkers
All professionals using emails in their day-to-day
Powerful & Effective Writing Tactics to Simplify your Daily Tasks
Our business email writing course explores the different formats of emails required in varied professional contexts. The course focuses on the multiple components of emailing writing which impact perceptions of professionalism and efficiency within an organization.
Participants will learn how the language component, visual aspects and etiquette relate in writing clear and effective emails. This course is ideal for all business professionals interested in improving their email skills when writing to clients, professors and coworkers.
The first part of the course coaches participants on subtle rules of business email writing. This includes identifying circumstances when sending and replying to emails is necessary, determining who should be included in copies of emails and identifying the appropriate tone and level of formality based on the situation.
The second part of the course looks into the language aspect of writing professional emails in English. This includes using accurate grammatical structures, acquiring phrases and vocabulary related to specific functions and language structures for clear explanations. Throughout the course students will learn how to consciously use vocabulary and language structures to have a positive effect on readers.
Once the etiquette and language components are perfected, the course looks at summarizing skills and visual aspects which make emails easy to comprehend and respond to as intended. This includes writing subject lines that ensure you email will be read, how to start and structure the email, and how to conclude in a way that ensures replies or action desired.
- Back to basics
- Language focus
- Style and register
- Being Professional
- Dealing with problems
- Reports and analysis
The suggested topics are a guideline, build your own course based on your needs.
- Establish how to communicate clearly in emails;
- Identify formality and register when addressing different contacts;
- Analyze common mistakes made in emails and how to tackle them;
- Develop professional and well-structured language to help emails sound less monotonous;
- Acquire an awareness of email etiquette to maintain a professional image;
- Develop summarizing skills to write clear and effective emails.
- Apply accurate writing styles and structures to future emails;
- Identify tone and language to be used based on each individual need;
- Organize emails and report information in a clear and concise manner;
- Make conscious use of language for enhanced performance and positive communication;
- Identify different types of emails and how to create and respond to them appropriately.
Our business email writing course is available at our schools in Malta and Gozo, online or as in-house company training sessions. All modules can easily be adapted to suit individual or company needs.
Improve your communication skills over the phone for a variety of scenarios. Course covers language skills and telephone etiquette. Examples are personalised to suit specific industries and roles.
Develop overall administration skills required in any office environment. The course tackles general business English areas related to speaking, writing, listening and reading for overall proficiency.